You have the questions, we have the answers.
Exploring retirement living shouldn’t be difficult. Together, we look forward to meeting you and discussing your desires for an enriching retirement future. We’d love to chat about your questions, but have included the most frequent we often hear below.
Tel Hai Retirement Community’s ‘admission/age requirement’ for Residential Living is as follows:
- Only one individual (per household) seeking to become a residential living resident must be at least 62 years of age upon occupancy date.
- The individual within the household must be at least 60 years of age upon occupancy date.
CONTRACT OFFERED BY TEL HAI:
Fee-For-Service Contract (Type C):
- Tel Hai offers a Fee-for-Service Contract (Type C) ONLY. This contract includes benefits of residential living and amenities, but at a lower monthly fee and lower entry fees compared to other contracts. The full complement of residential services and amenities are provided, but if personal care, memory care, adult day services or skilled health care is required, the resident’s monthly fee will increase to reflect the market rate for the care received. Therefore, you only pay for the long-term care services you actually use.
OTHER CONTRACTS (NOT OFFERED BY TEL HAI):
Modified Contract (Type B):
- This type of contract is NOT offered at Tel Hai. This contract includes almost all of the same benefits of residential living, but requires a lower monthly fee than a LifeCare contract, and possibly a lower entrance fee. However, if personal care, memory care or skilled health care is required, the resident will be responsible for an additional portion of the cost of that care level. The contract may have a predefined number of days in the health care center at no cost and/or health care services are offered at a discounted rate to the resident.
LifeCare Contract (Type A):
- This type of contract is NOT offered at Tel Hai. This contract includes all benefits of residential living plus unlimited personal care, memory care, and skilled health care should you need it in the future, at the same monthly service fee as residential living. This type of contract typically requires a significantly higher monthly fee and a higher entrance fee. In essence, this contract pre-pays for some portion of health-related services regardless of if those health care needs are actually utilized in the future.
Residents pay an entrance fee and a monthly service fee to enter into residential living at Tel Hai. Cost varies based on the accommodation selected, single or double occupancy, and refund plan selected.
As a fee-for-service Life Plan Community, if you move through the continuum of care, you pay market rate for health care services on an as-needed basis.
The entrance fee is a one-time fee paid when you move to Tel Hai that provides you priority access to the continuum of care, if or when your health needs change. The fee is based on the accommodation selected and refund option selected.
The monthly fee is paid monthly for a wide range of amenities and services such as flexible dining dollars, building maintenance, lawn/grounds care, life enrichment activities, social programming, transportation services, fitness facilities, exercise classes, etc.
Tel Hai owns all the accommodations on the property and is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep. You can enjoy life at Tel Hai without the financial concerns of future repairs and rising property taxes.
Tel Hai is a pet friendly community. Pets are permitted in cottages, townhomes and ground level, private entrance apartment units in Hillcrest Apartments, StoneCroft Apartments and Hertzler Apartments. If you have a specific pet-related question, please contact a Residential Living Counselor or Admissions Counselor directly.
Join us! Let’s start a conversation!
Become a Resident