In partnership with Stauffer’s Drug Store of New Holland, Tel Hai Retirement Community is hosting a COVID-19 Bivalent Vaccination Booster Clinic on Monday, October 3 from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM in the Auditorium/Chapel.
Registration for this clinic is now closed.
In preparation for the clinic, please download, print out, and complete both of the forms below, which are required by Stauffer’s Drug Store. Bring them with you to the clinic. If you are unable to print, paper copies will be available at registration on the day of the clinic.
ABOUT THE VACCINE:
Any team members working in PC and HCC will be subject to routine testing (currently twice weekly due to high transmission rates of Covid-19 in Chester County) if they do not meet the CDC criteria for being “up to date” as explained below:
- Per the CDC and PA DOH, everyone ages 12 and over is recommended to receive the new Bivalent Covid-19 booster to be considered “up to date” against Covid-19. This is for everyone, regardless of previous vaccine manufacturer. Currently only Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are authorized as Covid-19 booster doses by the FDA and CDC.
- Everyone is eligible if they have completed their primary series or had their most recent booster dose more than 2 months prior to the administration of the bivalent booster.
- The Bivalent booster has proteins isolated from both the original strains of Covid-19 and from strains of the Omicron variant (the predominant strain circulating in the US currently). Omicron is more highly contagious than previous variants and is able to get around the protection provided by the original monovalent vaccine doses. This updated booster offers a greater protection from Omicron and can reduce the spread of Covid-19 to our loved ones and our residents.
- The CDC has approved both the influenza vaccine and the Covid-19 booster to be given at the same time and recommend that everyone receives both. Anyone with an active Covid-19 infection should wait until 10 days after symptoms resolve to receive any Covid-19 vaccine doses.
ON THE CLINIC DAY:
Please remember the following:
– Come to the Auditorium/Chapel at your designated time. Please see the registration table in the lobby for check-in and paperwork.
– Print out & complete both of the forms found above, as required by Stauffer’s Drug Store. If you cannot print them out, they will be available the day of the clinic.
– Bring your vaccination card
– Bring your health insurance or Medicare card (if you have one)
Questions? Please contact Keeli Looper, Vice President of Human Resources, at 610-273-9333 ext. 2034.