Registration is now open for the mid-spring session of youth swimming lessons offered at Tel Hai Retirement Community, located in the StoneCroft Aquatics Center. The session will run from Monday, July 16 through Saturday, August 11, 2018, with both morning and evening classes offered.
Course fees are charged for all levels of instruction. For more information, visit youth swimming lessons or contact the Aquatic Coordinator by calling 610-273-9333, extension 2756, or via email at email@example.com
Classes are offered in four skill levels including:
- Lau-Lau: 6-18 months old, swim diaper required, one parent/guardian required to be in pool with child. Songs, games, fun and basic water introduction and water safety. 30 minutes.
- Koi: 18-36 months old, swim diaper required for non-potty trained child, one parent/guardian in pool with child. Focus is on being comfortable in water, progressing towards our independent lessons, basic safety for families and as alwaysfun! 30 minutes.
- Jellyfish: Level #1, beginner swimmer must be at least 3 years old, fully potty-trained, or in swim diapers. Swimmers will learn pool safety, pool rules, basic fundamentals, and body position. There is a maximum of 4 swimmers per each Jellyfish class. 30 minutes.
- Goldfish: Level #2, swimmer must be at least 3 years old, fully potty-trained, or in swim diapers. Able to keep their eyes, ears, and nose in the water for 4-6 seconds along with nearly independent floating. Basic free kick and higher comfort level in water. 30 minutes.
- Sunfish: Level #3, swimmer must be able to independently switch from their front float to their back float, faces in, basic kicks and arms for front and back crawl. 30 minutes.
- Seahorse: Level #4, advanced swimmer must use correct rotary breathing and basic freestyle & backstroke. Focus on endurance and stroke mechanics. Basic ability in Breaststroke and Butterfly. 40 minutes.
Tel Hai Retirement Community, an accredited nonprofit continuing care retirement community, has provided high quality and compassionate care since 1956. Directions to the StoneCroft Aquatics Center are available online at www.telhai.org; using your GPS please enter the 4000 Tree Line Drive physical address. The campus located three miles east of Route 10 off Beaver Dam Road. For more information or directions, please visit www.telhai.org.